Kotor Palaces

Palaces in Kotor
SHARE THIS PAGE
Kotor Palaces
Kotor Palaces

In Kotor there are several Romanesque and Baroque style palaces. The names of the palaces are usually the names of the families that they used to belong to.

The Duke’s Palace was built in the 18th century and since then used for military purposes. 

The Grgurina Palace belonged to Grgurina noble family. It is a Baroque style palace which was built in the 18th century. Currently it’s the house of Maritime Museum.

The Drago Palace is a Gothic style palace which was built in the 14th-15th centuries. The palace belonged to the noble family Drago. Currently it’s the house of Regional Institution for Protection Cultural Monuments. 

The Buca Palace belonged to the noble family Buca. It was a Gothic style palace which was built in the 14th century but destroyed in the 1667 earthquake and rebuilt again after the earthquake.

The Pima Palace belonged to the noble family Pima. It was a Baroque style palace, damaged in 1667 earthquake and rebuilt in Renaissance style. So it reflects both Baroque and Renaissance characteristics. It was renovated after the 1979 earthquake.

The Bizanti Palace was built in the 14th century. It was reconstructed after the 1667 earthquake. The palace belonged to the noble family Bizanti.

The Beskuca Palace was built in the 18th century. It belonged to the noble family Beskuca but since now the family has no alive members the palace belongs to Kotor Community. 

Related Content