As Kotor town was inhabited by many different emperors and rulers, it was affected by their beliefs and culture in many years therefore it is not surprising to see Orthodox and Catholic churches all around the town. The symbol and the cathedral of Kotor city is St Tryphon’s Cathedral.
The most significant churches you may visit during your stay in Kotor are:
- St Tryphon Cathedral was built in 1166. It was built in Romanesque style with the elements of Byzantine style.
- St Nicholas was built in 1909. It’s an Orthodox church in Kotor.
- St Luke was built in 1195. It was built as a Catholic temple but became an Orthodox church after the war with the Ottomans.
- St Mary’s Church – Blessed Ozana was built in 1221.
- St Anne’s Church was built in the end of the 12th century
- St Michael’s Church was built in the 14th or 15th century.
- The Church of St Klara was built in the 18th century.
- The Church of Our Lady of Health was built in 1518.
- St George’s Church was built a thousand year ago.
- St Elijah’s Church was built in the 13th century